Posted on Sun Sep 13th, 2009 10:06pm PDT By X17 Staff
Here's a round-up of the top prizes at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards ...
- Video of the Year: Beyonce - "Single Ladies"
- Best New Artist: Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
- Best Female Video: Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"
- Best Male Video: T.I., featuring Rihanna - "Live Your Life"
- Best Hip-Hop Video: Eminem - "We Made You"
- Best Pop Video: Britney Spears - "Womanizer"
- Best Rock Video: Green Day - "21 Guns"
- Breakthrough Video: Matt and Kim - "Lessons Learned"
- Best Video (That Should Have Won A Moonman): Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
Sooo many hightlights, all of which we won't mention here but some of them are:
- Kanye West steals Taylor Swift's spotlight as she accepted the award for Best Female Video and Mr. West decided to jump on the stage and announce that Beyonce should have won!
- Madonna pays tribute to Michael Jackson by telling us they were almost the same person just that Michael had trouble with pedophilia rumors and she hasn't
- Janet picks up the pieces and knocks the socks off the entire MTV audience with her solo version of "Scream"
- Beyonce blew everyone outta the water with her medley of hits ... the world has yet to see more on-stage gyration than what we saw tonight, y'all!
- Green Day went mainstream and invited screaming girls onstage ... what has this world come to?
- Lady Gaga staged a Victorian-themed, paparazzi-inflicted, death of a pop star and played piano with her leg up in the air, featured a wheelchair dancer, and bled for us all in the same number
What more could you want from the VMA's?!!!
Stories from around the Web