Posted on Tue Sep 28th, 2010 3:55pm PDT
Katy Perry and Russell Brand have just purchased a two bedroom, two bathroom penthouse in New York's trendy Tribeca (where they can count Beyonce and Jay-Z as neighbors) for a cool $2.7 million.
The couple, who already own a multi-million dollar home that Russell bought for them in Los Angeles, are calling the swanky 1500 square foot condo a "crash pad" to avoid paying income taxes in both states.
The NYC apartment boasts:
- A second-level loft-style master bedroom with a small attached bath that opens onto the terrace but contains no closets.
- A small bedroom downstairs with tons of closets and a skylight (but no actual window.)
- A living room with built in cabinets to hide the electronics.
- A small, but well equipped kitchen with stainless steel cabinets.
- Exposed beams in the dining room.
- A large limestone bathroom downstairs that opens onto the kitchen and living room.
- A laundry room that only fits stacked machines.
And even though Russell had a recent run-in with the paparazzi in LA which resulted in his arrest, he elected to purchase the pad in a non-doorman building. Hmmm...
SEE THE GALLERY Katy Perry And Russell Brand's NYC Pied a Terre
Stories from around the Web