Posted on Fri Jun 28th, 2013 1:55pm PDT
Alec Baldwin + gossip reporter + Twitter = a recipe for #disaster.
The 30 Rock star went on a Twitter tirade on Thursday when a Daily Mail writer reported that his pregnant wife, Hilaria, posted upbeat tweets during James Gandolfini's funeral. Hilaria denied the allegations, which claimed that she tweeted about her first wedding anniversary and an upcoming Rachael Ray Show appearance. Mrs. Baldwin also tweeted (after the funeral) that she doesn't believe in taking phones to funerals, "I never did and I never would."
It turns out that the reporter failed to account for the fact that Twitter converts timestamps into your own time zone. The writer, George Stark, works in Los Angeles, while Hilaria was three hours ahead in New York City. Gandolfini's funeral ran from about 10 to 11:30 a.m.; the Baldwins left 40 to 45 minutes into the service after the eulogies and before Communion. Hilaria began tweeting at 11:47 a.m.
Fuming over the misreport, Alec used his @ABFoundation handle to harass and threaten George. He scattered profanities in between homophobic and violent slurs before quitting the social networking site altogether. AGAIN! He also left Twitter in July 2012 and December 2011.
- Someone wrote that my wife was tweeting at a funeral. Hey. That's not true. But I'm gonna tweet at your funeral.
- George Stark, you lying little bitch. I am gonna f%#@ you up.
- My wife and I attend a funeral to pay our respects to an old friend, and some toxic Brit writes this f**king trash
- If put my foot up your f**king a**, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much
- I'm gonna find you, George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I'm gonna f**k…you…up.
- I don't have a publicist anymore. I fired them.
- How much of this sh** are people supposed to take? With these fu**ing blatant lies EVERY DAY.
- My wife DID NOT use her phone, in any capacity, at our friends funeral. Now, f**k this twitter + good luck to all of you who know the truth
His wife, on the other hand, was more PC with her remarks. Two months shy of giving birth, her maternal instincts must be kicking in.
I hope that this reporter knows how much pain and drama he has caused from his poor journalism. Lying and bullying are shameful.— Hilaria Baldwin (@hilariabaldwin) June 28, 2013
It is shameful the bullying that the internet allows for. "Reporters", "publications", and anonymous posters. Rage, greed and pettiness hurt— Hilaria Baldwin (@hilariabaldwin) June 28, 2013
My husband fights for me fiercely. It hurts to be misunderstood and it hurts to see your loved one in pain-even more so when she is pregnant— Hilaria Baldwin (@hilariabaldwin) June 28, 2013
Daily Mail is not having a good week ...
The couple left their Manhattan pad with their puppy and luggage in hand on Friday amid the scandal.
SEE THE GALLERY Alec Baldwin And Wife Leave NYC Pad Amid Twitter Scandal
Stories from around the Web