Posted on Wed Jun 5th, 2013 12:25pm PDT
Paris Jackson was rushed to West Hills Medical Center around 2am on Wednesday morning after reportedly cutting her wrists and overdosing, and a source tells TMZ that this is not the first time the late King of Pop's daughter has attempted suicide. However, this morning's incident "was far more serious," a source tells the site. "It was not a cry for help."
So what pushed Paris over the edge?
- A source close to the family tells TMZ that the 16-year-old "threw a fit" last night when she was told she couldn't go to a Marilyn Manson concert on Thursday evening, and she "ran into her room screaming and slammed the door."
- Insiders tell Radar that Paris is "very upset that she will be called as a witness in her father’s wrongful death trial," and that "Wade Robson’s lies about her father" have been weighing on her heavily.
- Paris also feels guilty about hanging out with her biological mom Debbie Rowe. According to a source, Paris "feels as if she is betraying some family members, including her grandmother Katherine, by getting to know her mom." And not only that, but her relationship with her older brother Prince has been strained lately as well. “He doesn’t like her spending time with Debbie,” the source added. “And Prince has been spending more time with his girlfriend."
- And yet another source says Paris has "been struggling to fit in at school.”
Sandra Ribera, the attorney for Paris's legal co-guardian Katherine Jackson, said in a statement:
- "Paris is physically fine and getting appropriate medical attention. Being a sensitive 15 year old is difficult no matter who you are. It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you. Please respect her privacy and the family's privacy."
Stories from around the Web