Miley Cyrus Discusses Her New Image, Twerking, And Friendships With Kanye And Bieber In Rolling Stone
Posted on Tue Sep 24th, 2013 12:45pm PDT By X17 Staff
She doesn't ever hold back, so why start now?!
Miley Cyrus covers the latest issue of Rolling Stone, and the "We Can't Stop" singer is her usual candid self in the sit-down, discussing topics like her controversial VMA performance, her decision to switch management teams, and her friendships with Kanye West and Justin Bieber.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
On taking all the criticism for the VMA performance with Robin Thicke:
- "No one is talking about the man behind the ass. It was a lot of 'Miley twerks on Robin Thicke,' but never, 'Robin Thicke grinds up on Miley.' They're only talking about the one that bent over. So obviously there's a double standard."
On Kanye's praise giving her confidence before her VMA performance:
- "He came in and goes, 'There are not a lot of artists I believe in more than you right now.'" The whole room went quiet. I was like, 'Yo – can you say that again?!' I just kept repeating that over and over in my mind, and it made me not nervous."
On her twerking days coming to a close:
- "People are like, 'Miley thinks she's a black girl, but she's got the flattest ass ever'. I'm like, 'I'm 108 pounds! I know!' Now people expect me to come out and twerk with my tongue out all the time. I'll probably never do that shit again."
On her friendship with Justin Bieber:
- "I'm not much older than him, so I never want it to feel like I'm mentoring him. But I do mentor him in a way. Because I've been doing this shit for a long time, and I already transitioned, and I don't think he's quite done it yet. He's trying really hard. People don't take him seriously, but he really can play the drums, he really can play guitar, he really can sing. I just don't want to see him f**k that up, to where people think he's Vanilla Ice. I tell him that. Like, 'You don't want to become a joke. When you go out, don't start sh*t. Don't come in shirtless.' But the thing is, I think boys are, like, seven years behind. So in his head, he's really, like, 12."
On replacing the majority of her team before recording Bangerz:
- "I basically cut off all ties. I got rid of my manager, I got rid of my label. I just started over. I really wanted to stay with my manager, but I feel like this [transformation] would have scared them. I just don't think they would've had as much faith in what I'm doing."
She's just bein' Miley!
SEE THE GALLERY Miley Cyrus' Sexy Rolling Stone Shoot
Stories from around the Web