Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 AM PDT
Whew! Brad Pitt gave one heck of an interview to Rolling Stone for their latest issue. Angie's babydaddy appears on the cover of the mag, and he discusses everything from his similarities to Tyler Durden in "Fight Club" to how Proposition 8 (California's gay marriage ban) drives him "mental."
On religion and going to church as a kid:
- I just found it so stifling, my religion. I know it's very comforting for other people. [Church] was too much of what you shouldn't be doing instead of what you could be doing. I get enraged when people start telling other people how to live their lives. It drives me mental. This Prop. 8 thing just drives me mental.
On Maddox's internet research:
- Our seven-year-old was searching the word 'weapons' on Google the other day and ended up on some white-supremacist site. I'm sure now we're on all kinds of watch lists.
- I got lost in the wilderness of fame a bit. There are all of these opportunities you're supposed to be taking. And I got really discombobulated.
On his favorite Angelina film:
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Because you know...six kids. Because I fell in love.
On what he did on election night:
- [I was in] Chicago. I went down to Grant Park, because I was doing Oprah the next day. I walked home from the park to the hotel, which was a half-hour walk. And I could walk freely - no one was interested in me at that point. People were weeping and hugging. The sense of elation in the streets - it was great. That was such a turnaround for us. We captured the original definition of America again.
Which Brad Pitt film are you most excited to see this year?
Brad Pitt Is Rough And Tough In The New Killing Them Softly Trailer - Aug 02, 2012
Brad Pitt's Brother Comments On His Mom's Controversial Anti-Gay Letter To Local Newspaper - Jul 09, 2012
Brad Pitt's Mom Writes Anti-Gay Letter In Local Newspaper, Urges Voters To Choose Mitt Romney Over Barack Obama - Jul 06, 2012
Brad Pitt's World War Z Is "A Nightmare From Top To Bottom," Source Says - Jun 13, 2012
First Look At Brad Pitt In Killing Them Softly - Jun 01, 2012