Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2011 08:50 AM PDT
Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial began its second day at 8:45 a.m. PST in Los Angeles. Here's a quick catch-up from Monday:
- "This Is It" director Kenny Ortega testified that he was "shocked" by Conrad Murray's treatment of Michael Jackson -- that Murray pushed for Jackson to rehearse while Ortega felt he needed to rest.
- The defense argues that Jackson gave himself Propofol in secret and that killed him.
- The prosecution argues that Murray was "grossly negligent" in his care for Jackson.
- Paul Gongaware, co-CEO of AEG Live Concerts West, testified that Jackson asked if he could bring Dr. Conrad Murray on tour as his personal physician.
Tuesday morning, Gongaware's testimony continued. At 9:15 a.m., Kathy Jorrie was called to the stand. Jorrie is the lawyer who drafted a contract (at the request of AEG Live) for Murray to go on tour with Jackson as his personal physician.
- Jorrie says Murray requested a CPR machine for Jackson for his tour, which she found odd.
- She says: â€œHe [Murray] volunteered â€¦ that Michael Jackson was â€˜perfectly healthy, [in] excellent condition,â€™â€ including saying so the day before Jackson died.
- She said the contract was not signed by all parties -- no payment was made to Murray by AEG.
On Monday, Gongaware said:
-That Murray said he would need an assistant, equipment and housing in London, but told Gongaware he would not need to worry about not being licensed in London.
-That Murray was â€œvery engagedâ€ at a meeting about Michaelâ€™s well-being.
-That Murray required $5 million to be Jacksonâ€™s personal physician for the year because he would have to close his clinics. Gongaware told him â€œthere was no way that was going to happen â€¦ Michael couldnâ€™t afford it.â€
Conrad Murray To File An Appeal Based On Propofol Bottle Evidence - Jul 30, 2012
BREAKING NEWS - Conrad Murray Sentenced To Four Years Behind Bars - Nov 29, 2011
Report: Conrad Murray Having Suicidal Thoughts - Nov 15, 2011
Conrad Murray Calls Michael Jackson 'Deceptive' In Interview GIven Just Days Before Guilty Verdict - Nov 11, 2011
Conrad Murray Placed On Suicide Watch At Jail - Nov 08, 2011