Posted on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 AM PDT
They may have broken up, but they sure did bring in the big bucks on the big screen!
Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were just crowned the highest earning romantic on-screen couple by Forbes magazine, bringing in a whopping $1.17 billion at the box office with the Twilight films over the last three years.
"There is something unique about these films in the way that people have attached themselves to them. The movies are unconventional, and you have the added element that the two people are a couple in real life," a rep for Forbes explains.
Channing Tatum and his The Vow co-star Rachel McAdams came in second, grossing $125 million domestically for their tear jerker.
Interestingly enough, Pattinson and Tatum both made the list twice with two different co-stars!
Here's how the rest of the list unfolded:
- 1. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - $1.17 billion
2. Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum - $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler - $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth - $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carell - $84 million
6. Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum - $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher - $71 million
8. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth - $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling - $60 million
10. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson - $59 million
All the movie studios must be scrambling to get their hands on this elite group!
Kristen Stewart Returns Home To Los Angeles With Rob Pattinson's Jacket - Jan 13, 2013
Kristen Stewart Describes Herself As A "Contemporary, Sensitive, Normal Girl" - Jan 03, 2013
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS - Kristen Stewart Wears Hoodie From Oregon Strip Club - Dec 29, 2012
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS - Kristen Stewart: Sure Shot In Hollywood - Dec 27, 2012
Kristen Stewart Doesn't Care Whether People Love Her Or Hate Her - Dec 19, 2012