Jun 7, 2013 10:27 AM
Paris Jackson was transferred to Children's Hospital Los Angeles for continued treatment after her Wednesday morning suicide attempt.
The hospital houses one of the nation's finest youth treatment centers in their Division of Adolescent Medicine's Behavioral Heath Program. They provide clinical services and behavioral/psychoeducational assessments and have staff specializing in adolescent mental health to provide:
- "... individual, family, collateral and group counseling, crisis intervention and case management support. Clinical areas of focus include depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and psychosomatic disorders, eating disorders, child abuse and neglect, exposure to violence, family issues and conflicts, school failure, drug abuse and co-occurring disorders, and gender-identity issues."
Various reports have pointed to a host of possible reasons for Paris' breakdown -- and certainly all of these issues must have led to the stress and depression that fueled the 15-year-old's wrist-slashing and over-medication.
- Factors fueling Paris Jackson's fragile emotional and mental state:
- having to testify in her family's lawsuit against AEG
- learning AEG reportedly had proof Michael Jackson wasn't Paris' biological father
- Prince Michael's anger over Paris spending time with mom Debbie Rowe
- backlash on social media after recent accusations of child molestation against Michael
- reported bullying at school
Paris has been on a 5150 psychiatric hold since her admission to West Hills Medical Center early Wednesday morning. She could be released as early as tomorrow morning or she may choose to continue treatment at the Children's Hospital. That would have to come from her, though ... the mandatory hold would expire tomorrow ...
SEE THE GALLERY Paris Jackson Transferred To Children's Hospital
Paris Jackson Posts Bikini Selfie From Hawaii Vacay
Paris Jackson Posts Photo WIth Mom Debbie Rowe While On Vacation In Hawaii
Randy Jackson Says Paris Jackson's Lengthy In-Patient Treatment Is "Not Right"
Report: Paris Jackson To Transfer To Utah Boarding School For Troubled Teens