Mar 8, 2010 09:03 PM
The two photographers shoved to the ground by security during the taping of the Bachelor wedding last week, have filed suit (click HERE to see the legal docs) against Disney/ABC TV and Next Entertainment (the production company owned by Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss) for battery, false imprisonment, and negligence.
ABC denied to X17online being involved in the hiring of the O&R Security company that day. But that didn't stop the network from airing the fracas in tonight's broadcast AND in the promos for tonight's wedding special -- no doubt, helping with the ratings of their rainy, windy, cold nuptial disaster.
So just who DID hire O&R? A rep from the Terrenea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes where the wedding was held, said the security details' treatment of photographers took resort management "by surprise" and said the hotel had nothing to do with retaining security company's service.
Next Entertainment has not returned our calls over the past week we have been trying to reach them about the incident.
In an interesting, if pathetic twist, a public information officer at the sheriff's department in Lomita, told X17online the founder of O&R Security Antonio Revilla, who was involved in the incident last Monday (pictured above with photographer Eric Brogmus in a chokehold), was planning on filing assault charges against the snapper. To date, this has not happened.
Our attempts to contact Mr. Revilla were met with him dismissing our claims, denying the incident ever occurred. Meanwhile, Mr. Revilla and his colleagues' citizens arrests of Mr. Brogmus and fellow photographer Maxmiliano Lopes were deemed by the district attorney's office to be invalid due to insufficient evidence -- all charges were thrown out.
So how much will Disney have to pay out, is our question. It's a definite win for photographers if their attorneys are any good!