Posted on Tue Jul 12, 2011 04:00 PM PDT
Zooey Deschanel's celeb friends are sending their support to her after her feud with a Los Angeles Times reporter became the hot topic of Tuesday.
Said Glee's Lea Michele:
- "@therealzooeyd you seriously rock..read your response letter ... you are a smart, witty, and awesome lady."
The Office's Mindy Kaling said:
- @therealzooeyd you my friend, were the victim of a lazy person on a slow news day. LAME!
Tuesday morning the actress posted on her website about a Monday column by Times writer Pat Morrison: "Downtown L.A.: Good Enough for the Royals but Not for Zooey Deschanel?"
Morrison was referring to a comment Deschanel reportedly made to USA Today at the BAFTA event Prince William and Kate Middleton attended Saturday night. Deschanel called downtown Los Angeles, where the event was held, "the worst of L.A." In her column, Morrison called Zooey a "snobby cow," and continued:
- "Ms. Deschanel's remarks are all the more gob-smacking because the success of her 2009 film (500) Days of Summer is chiefly thanks to â€¦ downtown L.A. ... Did Ms. Deschanel not look any farther than her trailer door?"
But Zooey defended herself. She wrote on her site Tuesday morning:
- " ... the quote from USA Today ... was taken completely out of context. I NEVER said that Downtown LA was 'the worst of LA.' ... I did make a reference to a parking lot adjacent to the theater that had a lot of trash in it in an attempt to be humorous. I simply said, 'It's funny they brought royalty here, there is a parking lot with trash around the corner.' It wasn't an opinion. It was true. ... "
Deschanel went on to demand an "investigation."
- " ... I find it appalling that you would resort to name-calling ... I believe this should be the beginning of an investigation, not the end of one."
What do you think of the feud?
Zooey Deschanel And Rock Star Husband Split - Nov 01, 2011
Zooey Deschanel Belts Out National Anthem - Oct 24, 2011
Summer's Not Over Yet! - Aug 07, 2009